Select memory areas is missing in 0.123 (maybe earlier too)

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
megaman_exe

Select memory areas is missing in 0.123 (maybe earlier too)

Post by megaman_exe »

Hi. I've been looking for that option which lets you select which memory areas (or search speed) to search in the cheat menu. So far I'm not able to find it. The latest version I know has that option is 0.106, later versions seem to have that option missing. I wouldn't like to change to prior versions since I've been using 0.123 as my preferred version. Anyone knows where should I look?

I know where it is in the code (cheat.c), but I'd not like to touch that part since some games crash while searching all the memory addresses (like Cadillacs and dinosaurs, any version).

I'm hoping patiently...

Thanks for any answer, cya! ;)
megaman_exe

Sorry. I found the answer :P

Post by megaman_exe »

I read a post which says to push enter in the CPU number in the cheat search to select the areas to be searched. Sorry, but that wasn't very obvious. I hope it helps other users so they don't have to stick with old mame versions to look for cheats

Thanks anyway! ;)