Score address of hpuncher

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
megaman_exe

Score address of hpuncher

Post by megaman_exe »

Hi. I've been trying to find the current score address for PL1 for Hard puncher (hpuncher), but to no avail. I've search the whole address space by using the "greater" option every time if search a value again, searching the score in BCD format (decimal) and searching as a 8,16,24 and 32 bit value.

There's a line in my hiscore.dat which says scores are stored around $40070 and $40300, but the address space maximum address is $FFFF. How can I set a watchpoint to that address if I'm not able to select it? Any way to write it in cheat.dat to force it to appear next time the game is run?

Sorry, but I can't explain how the guys who figured out the score addresses in hiscore.dat could watch that addresses.

Thanks for any replies! ;)
megaman_exe

Post by megaman_exe »

Sorry again. I didn't realize this game has 3 CPU's. I was searching only on CPU 0 as I was used to do so :oops:. The scores are saved in $40106 for PL1 and $40116 por PL2, both as a 4 byte BCD integer in CPU 1.

Well. I hope my mistake is useful for anyone who begins in the cheating world.

Cya! ;)