Cheat option not working

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
lizardo_manson

Cheat option not working

Post by lizardo_manson »

I installed another version of MAME (MAMEUI32 v0.129), checked the cheat like in the .ini but when i press the TAB key the cheat option do not appears. I downloaded the cheat.zip (the one with a lot of XML files) and copied the file into the folder where the mame.exe resides.
aycaramba

Post by aycaramba »

Enable cheats in mameui from the menu: Options->Default Game Options->Miscellaneous tab->check "Enable game cheats"

Use cheat0127u3_14_NOV_2008_V10.zip (1,320,615 bytes). Unzip it and copy the cheat.zip to your mameui32 folder.

That's all. The third option from the bottom when you hit tab will be Cheat.
seabassuk

Post by seabassuk »

Hey, I was having a similar problem and I manage to come across a method which helped me.

Download whatever MAME you got and install it again. Put the cheat zip were the mame.exe is and THEN set your path to wherever the roms are and then enable your cheats via the default game options menu. Now hopefully your cheats should be enabled.

If so, YAY, get rid of the old directory, and feel free to mess around again ^_^
lizardo_manson

Post by lizardo_manson »

I did all that but it did not helped, it worked weeks later (weird) but at last is working.
carmel_andrews

Post by carmel_andrews »

I am having the same problems, the cheat option in mame doesnt show up on the internal menu (i am using the UI version, with the enable game cheats thing selected) there is no cheat option on the mame ui once a rom had been loaded

i am using the cheat.zip mentioned in this and other threads elsewhere on this forum