What will be included in the cheat.xml?

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
Lurendrejer

What will be included in the cheat.xml?

Post by Lurendrejer »

I've asked the question in my cheat REQ post.

But since i've found new stuff i would like to know if these will ever be included in a cheat-release.

i've managed to change the number of apponents in the royal rumble matches in WWFmania, this is done by setting a latter in an empty address space (eg 0102 0102 0102) and make the "next apponent" flag jump the normal FF set to end the match. This makes for a great amount of fun, and in my case, a way of not winning every single time. But, will this make it into a cheat file? since it isn't a cheat, but more of an extension of the actual gameplay mechanics?

kind regards, JH
Pugsy

Re: What will be included in the cheat.xml?

Post by Pugsy »

Just because it's not a cheat doesn't rule it out from being added. There's many cheats in the cheat file which are strictly not cheats like game region select, skip RAM/ROM checks or disable music - but they are all valid things to go in the cheat file.

I have to admit I'm unlikely to understand many of the wwfmania cheats - all I can say is make sure you add some descriptive comments and I'll definitely add them. Post them all in a single post when you've finished and I'll insert them.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Lurendrejer

Re: What will be included in the cheat.xml?

Post by Lurendrejer »

Added some comments - more will follow.

Thank you for the reply.