about mess cheats

This forum is for posting cheats for any non-arcade game in M.A.M.E. ( aka the M.E.S.S. games ) including any softwarelist game. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
pepinos

about mess cheats

Post by pepinos »

pugsy or any other member here, where i can find the cheats dats of all emulators on mess system?

thanks
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

At the moment there aren't any that have been publically released AFAIK, so there's a massive scope for anybody wanting to make some. Of the two systems I'm interested in doing most - one has quite a few issues (C64) and the other doesn't even have a driver (Atari ST). I thought about doing some of the smaller systems/consoles but getting motivated when I've already got so much else to do is a big problem..
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

dont forget amiga..also 8) 8)

thanks for your replay
etabeta78

Post by etabeta78 »

since my question is very basic, i didn't want to open a new thread. sorry to bump this one up, but i'm taking a first look to both mame and mess cheat engines and i'm quite eager to learn how things work

since i read something about converting GB game sharks code in mess cheats, i was wondering if something similar is possible with NES game genie code. i think it is not (game genie changes part of the game ROM and it is not clear to me where the game is uploaded in the memory map. i.e. which addresses i should check, if any), but i would like to have a reliable explanation (even pointing me at some doc)

alternatively i'm collecting some ram cheat (but, you can understand, it would be much easier if it would be possible to convert already known cheats ;) )