i need help with my emulator problem

This forum is for posting cheats for any non-arcade game in M.A.M.E. ( aka the M.E.S.S. games ) including any softwarelist game. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
brawler

i need help with my emulator problem

Post by brawler »

ok so i have downloaded a visualboy advance emulator the newest one, not sure if this is thr right forum, and im currently playing pokemon firered. so i loaded some cheats a master code and a cheat for all poke balls. but whenever i go to view my tms and hms they are in japanese so exit that screen. soon as i do that the screen goes black and i have to turn off the emulator. so i was wandering if anyone could help me at all?
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Were the cheats for the right version of the game (e.g. J/US/PAL)? If the cheat was for the Japanese version and you have a US ROM you will need to hopefully find another cheat for your version. An incorrect cheat (created for another game/ROM) will most likely cause glitches and/or crash the game.

I'd have to say I've never played a Pok?mon game in my life, but the same thing would apply in all games. I have only made cheats for the Mario Advance series, a long time ago. I haven't used VBA in years.