MAME CHEATS

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
RetroMonkey

MAME CHEATS

Post by RetroMonkey » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:17 am

I downloaded the cheat file for Mame4droid 0.139u1 but I don't know where to put the files at I tried to put in the cheat folder but didn't work what am I doing wrong?

mezdap

Re: MAME CHEATS

Post by mezdap » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi, 'cheat.7z' won't work in Mame4droid. Its not compatible with 0.139u1.
There is already 'cheat.zip' in Mame4droid. If not that I suggest reinstall the app. again.
If you want latest cheats (206) you should replace ''.xml'' files.Transfer ''cheat.zip'' to Windows/Desktop open with winrar, drag and drop ''.xml'' files from cheat 206 and transfer back to Mame4droid.

RetroMonkey

Post by RetroMonkey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Thanks I been playing these games on my phone would that still work for android? Also is it compatible with 0.37b5? Also how do I know which xml to do ?

mezdap

Post by mezdap » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 am

Hi I'm on the iOS(iPhone) but Mame4droid and Mame4ios have same core 0.139
The ''cheat.zip" compress file, there are 8837 cheat xml files in it. I don't think you play all of them.
In my case I have only popular games such as Street Hoop(strhoop), Metal Slug(mslug) etc.
I just replace the cheat files that the games I play.
Make sure cheat file(xml) and rom(game) has same name. e.g: strhoop.xml strhoop.zip
Another thing, must be one ''cheat.zip'' compress file in the Mame4droid.
if you want to see file extensions ''.zip, .xml'' :http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/26/
Also you may have a look at this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12618

RetroMonkey

Post by RetroMonkey » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:08 pm

I got this game Cave Ninja (World Ver 1) and its showing as CNinja1 so I got the file CNinja1.xml from the cheat files was I not suppose to extract?

mezdap

Post by mezdap » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:44 am

This is the complete list of games supported by MAME 0.139 (mostly showing parent roms)
http://www.retro-burner.co.uk/text%20lists/list109.txt
But whatever in the cheat.zip that's the complete list.
That cninja1.xml is exactly the same since 2010. So no any update unfortunately.
You can check the cheats yourself, open xmls with ''Notepad'' see if there's any change in xmls. Before you do drag and drop.
This is exactly what I do:
I extract cheat0206.zip on the Desktop and then I extract cheat.7z in an empty folder.
I don't need to transfer the cheat.zip from my phone to Windows/Desktop. I use app. called iMazing(only for iOS) to access my phone.
Double click on the ''cheat.zip'' and drag and drop the xml. App. will overwrite the cheat.zip.
Make sure you have the correct rom set (139) and keep in mind, some clones don't work without parent rom. cninja.zip is the parent rom.

RetroMonkey

Post by RetroMonkey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:09 am

Thanks I will try this out again still confusing to me though mame the only one i have trouble with also doing everything from phone since I have no computer.