[jchan] [timeplt]

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
Slade1972

[jchan] [timeplt]

Post by Slade1972 »

Nice easy one. Just noticed it was missing from one of my favourite games.

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Infinite Credits">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@A986=99</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
This game is hard... Or I suck at fighting games (option 2)
Just slot these into the existing file.

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="P1 Infinite Energy">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pw@200FCE=7FFF</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

<cheat desc="P1 Drain All Energy Now!">
    <script state="on">
      <action>maincpu.pw@200FCE=01</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

<cheat desc="P2 Infinite Energy">
   <script state="run">
     <action>maincpu.pw@201216=7FFF</action>
   </script>
  </cheat>

<cheat desc="P2 Drain All Energy Now!">
    <script state="on">
      <action>maincpu.pw@201216=01</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
I won't be back often. Time isn't a huge luxury I have a lot of, and my interests flit around a lot, so I may pick up a few cheats here / there.
Pugsy

Re: [jchan] [timeplt]

Post by Pugsy »

Welcome back!
it's been too long.

I do a lot of flitting around myself so no worries, just make the gaps a bit shorter than 14 years next time ;)

Thanks for the cheats, added.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Slade1972

Re: [jchan] [timeplt]

Post by Slade1972 »

It has been a long time, and so much in MAME has changed. I looked at the debugger a while ago, but found it challenging to use, especially when compared to a program like Cheat Engine - which is my usual go to for PC games cheats. Then I thought about playing some arcade games the other day and realised my rom collection would be a long time out of date (last update was around 0.193, and even then it wasn't complete).

So I grabbed the latest rom file, updated MAMEUI (that needs an overhaul, it's a bit slow), and read a bit about the debugger and set to work looking at some games. The debugger is pretty good, if a little cumbersome to use. I'll stick with it. :)
The downside is trying to learn ASM for too many platforms. I'm not sure I can be bothered with that too much. Some games will have information available, some just won't.

I didn't realise it has been that long :) Funnily enough, my original account is still active here, I just don't have any access to the original email address I would have used to sign up, and I have no idea what the password would have been. No big deal, it's good to start fresh every now and again... Just not in 14 years more time. I'll try not to be a total stranger.