[magdrop3] P1 Mirror Match Mode

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
Loopiloop

[magdrop3] P1 Mirror Match Mode

Post by Loopiloop »

During challange mode, this code changes your character to be the same one you are fighting, which makes weak characters much tougher.
Magical drop generally is a game with extreme strenght dispairity between characters. Mirror matches fix this, which is why it is common practice to only play mirror matches during tournaments.

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="P1 Mirror Match Mode"> <comment>Challange game only</comment>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@1000FA=maincpu.ppb@1000FB-80</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Re: [magdrop3] P1 Mirror Match Mode

Post by Pugsy »

I don't get this, you are changing the word @ 1000FA from 008F to 0F8F - is that correct? Just seems a bit odd....
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Loopiloop

Re: [magdrop3] P1 Mirror Match Mode

Post by Loopiloop »

Pugsy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:26 pm I don't get this, you are changing the word @ 1000FA from 008F to 0F8F - is that correct? Just seems a bit odd....
I change the word @1000FA, which is the selected character for player 1, to the contents of the word @ 1000FB, which is the selected character for player 2 / the CPU, minus 80 to change to manual control, since otherwise it would also just play as a cpu.

This causes player 1 to automatically change character to match the opponent. In this game's competitive scene, only mirror matches are played to compensate for the wild power imbalance between characters. This cheatcode imitates that.