[cobram3] cheats

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
asper

[cobram3] cheats

Post by asper »

Infinite Lives & no overheat of the main cannon. This last cheat produce a little bug ("hit sprite " persists on the screen until you hit another enemy). Tested with mame 0.133.

I am currently looking for a "mission select" cheat... I think I will investigate it further in the next days... maybe mission 1 is 0 insted of 1...

Code: Select all

<mamecheat version="1">

<cheat desc="Infinite Lives">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@01091=09</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

<cheat desc="No Overheat">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@01071=00</action>
      <action>maincpu.pb@0106D=00</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

</mamecheat>
<!-- Cheat file downloaded from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk, see cheat.txt for list of contributors. -->

Last edited by asper on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
asper

Re: [cobram3] cheats

Post by asper »

Select mission cheat:

<cheat desc="Select Mission">
    <parameter min="0" max="9" step="1"/>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@01096=(param-1)</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Missions are 10 in total, from 0 to 9, but I am still not able to complete the last one to see if the game starts from the beginning. If you set 10 (0A in hex) as value mission it seems to re-start from the beginning... maybe an "invincibility" cheat will be GREAT !!! :)

I tryed your tool pugsy but I am not so expert at it so I still prefere using another cheat software.
asper

Post by asper »

This is the correct cheat, last level is 10 and not 9.

<cheat desc="Select Mission">
    <parameter min="0" max="10" step="1"/>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@01096=(param-1)</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Haven't got the chd so can't check, but are sure that parameter min="0". It just that if you choose mission 1 it will poke the result of 0 minus 1 (0 - 1).

Does this work? :-

<cheat desc="Select Starting Mission">
    <parameter min="1" max="10" step="1"/>
    <script state="run">
      <action condition="(maincpu.pb@1096==00)">maincpu.pb@1096=(param-1)</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
asper

Post by asper »

Yes, the cheat you inserted in the cheat.zip must be corrected. You must start at ZERO and not at 1. If you choose 1 the starting mission will be 2 !!

I don't know why but in the 0.134 version the mission cheat seems not to work. I think you can check it even without the chd, the game should start without the background laserdisk graphics.
asper

Post by asper »

In this new mame version (0.134) the mission cheat seems not to work correctly, in particular it seems that the cheat engine DO NOT POKE the value to memory using the max min parameters... anyway levels are 10, starting from 0 (=mission 1) to 9 (=mission 10) so the cheat must be rewritten selecting 9 as max and not 10.