Running MAME on PS2 with FMCB?

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
RickDangerous

Running MAME on PS2 with FMCB?

Post by RickDangerous »

Please tell me if it is possible to run the MAME on the PS2 with FMCB. I tried several versions and unfortunately nothing. I tried uLE but it doesn't work. I have a PS2MaMe bootable CD version from 2002 because unfortunately, I can't find another. I have loaded the iso onto a DVD and it does not boot, I have also tried from a flash drive and the same symptom.
Heihachi_73

Re: Running MAME on PS2 with FMCB?

Post by Heihachi_73 »

If it was a CD (not DVD) in the regular ISO/2352 format and not UDF, it most likely needs to be burnt to a CD-R rather than a DVD, if it's anything like a regular PS1/PS2 CD and needs the sector layout in the exact same position and in the same disc format. Before burning a potential coaster, does it boot in PCSX2?

IMO it's a waste my time though as you're still going to be stuck with NESticle-quality emulation, as a quick Google search shows that PS2MAME is a fork of 0.37b16 which was from literally twenty years ago. If you absolutely need a not-PC so it can be hooked up to a TV like a console, get a Raspberry Pi 4 (not a 3) with a 64-bit OS and it will run rings around the PS2 even when running the latest version of MAME.