Hangzo problem

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
Garsoyas

Hangzo problem

Post by Garsoyas »

Hello.
I have a problem with Hangzo on mame (0.195), it have this look.
Any way to fix it?
I have seen no video showing this problem.
Cheats works fine.
Thanks.
jman

Re: Hangzo problem

Post by jman »

No problem in 0.238 (the latest version in this time) like here.
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:35 pm No problem in 0.238 (the latest version in this time) like here.
So is version problem? Any way to fix it?
How I update mame to latest version?
I have linux mint 32-bit and the archive gives me the 0.195.
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

hangzo gfx problem was fixed in 0.196. Version-up is the best way to solve.
But sorry, Linux is out of my knowledge. Try to search in official MAME homepage then download.
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:53 am hangzo gfx problem was fixed in 0.196. Version-up is the best way to solve.
But sorry, Linux is out of my knowledge. Try to search in official MAME homepage then download.
I updated to 0.238 and the game works. But I have some other problems.
The autofire settings isn't like the previous one which you can select on/off, but to press a button and delete it if you want.
And you can't put it in the same button you selected for the original one.
The rom name is not displayed in the menu like in the previous one. E.g. shadoww for Shadow Warriors is not displayed.
In Last Blade games when I enter training mode I can't enter the menu to change or exit.
Such thing I had on Garou Mark of the Wolves. But never on Last Blade. In no version I had this, only in this one.
Is there any way to fix it or I must wait for a new version to come out?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

Garsoyas wrote:The autofire settings isn't like the previous one which you can select on/off, but to press a button and delete it if you want.
And you can't put it in the same button you selected for the original one.
I don't know a lot about auto fire (plug-in). I think it is specification.
Garsoyas wrote:The rom name is not displayed in the menu like in the previous one. E.g. shadoww for Shadow Warriors is not displayed.
ROM set for shadoww is perhaps different between 0.195 and 0.238. Try to find new ROM set based on recent MAME.
Garsoyas wrote:In Last Blade games when I enter training mode I can't enter the menu to change or exit.
Try to search "neogeo" in internal UI then select "NeoGeo MV-6F" or "NeoGeo AES (NTSC)" and choose "lastblad" in software list.
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: I don't know a lot about auto fire (plug-in). I think it is specification.
In 0.195 when I activated the plugin I was entering from the cheats in autofire menu. And not from the plugins>autofire. Now I do the latter and I don't have the option on/off but the selection of a button to delete it or keep it. In other words I have extra buttons and not the current one.
jman wrote: ROM set for shadoww is perhaps different between 0.195 and 0.238. Try to find new ROM set based on recent MAME.
It is not displaying in general the roms names. It shows the year, publisher, driver, overall, graphics and sound.
jman wrote: Try to search "neogeo" in internal UI then select "NeoGeo MV-6F" or "NeoGeo AES (NTSC)" and choose "lastblad" in software list.
Where exactly? In the files or in the program?
In the buttons configuration it have the coin buttons and service separated from the rest. And they work fine but when I enter the home version through cheats with the menu (Neo Geo) when I enter, the coin buttons is non-existent. In versus mode I think it shows the pause word and pauses the game.
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

Garsoyas wrote:In 0.195 when I activated the plugin I was entering from the cheats in autofire menu. And not from the plugins>autofire. Now I do the latter and I don't have the option on/off but the selection of a button to delete it or keep it. In other words I have extra buttons and not the current one.
Auto fire in 0.195 was "built-in" and it was moved to "plug-in" and different specifiacation. Try to modify "aufofire_xxxx.lua" by yourself.
Garsoyas wrote:It is not displaying in general the roms names. It shows the year, publisher, driver, overall, graphics and sound.
Specification. Not a bug, I think.
Garsoyas wrote:Where exactly? In the files or in the program?
Internal UI appears when you execute MAME alone (in command prompt, input "mame" without any rom name).

Or input directly like "mame neogeo lastblad" or "mame aes lastblad". Not "mame lastblad"
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman1639559190 wrote: Internal UI appears when you execute MAME alone (in command prompt, input "mame" without any rom name)
Or input directly like "mame neogeo lastblad" or "mame aes lastblad". Not "mame lastblad"
It works in both Last Blade. Except Garou Mark of the Wolves. I discovered neo geo pocket color and neo geo cd. How I install Last Blade games there?
On ngcd Last Blade 2 shows it red colored. If I download the files and put them it won't play? Also the Sony bios exists and if so is possible to play Last Blade from PS1 to mame?
By "autofire_xxxx.lua" you mean the "autofire_menu.lua" or "autofire_save.lua"?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

garou works fine for me in both machine. NeoGeo Pocket and NeoGeo CD are another hardware so that you can't install lastblad for MVS/AES. Also PlayStation/PSX requires bakumats chd set. According to neocd.xml, lastblad2 has "resets after loading" comment.
Garsoyas wrote:By "autofire_xxxx.lua" you mean the "autofire_menu.lua" or "autofire_save.lua"?
Yes.
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:48 am garou works fine for me in both machine. NeoGeo Pocket and NeoGeo CD are another hardware so that you can't install lastblad for MVS/AES. Also PlayStation/PSX requires bakumats chd set. According to neocd.xml, lastblad2 has "resets after loading" comment.
Does Garou escapes from training mode? The game is ok. Just when I enter training, can't leave or select anything. In both neogeo and arcade.
Does Last Blade on PSX is playable? Dreamcast Last Blade exists on the mame?
I manage to download ngpc last blade and is fine. But I have problem with neocdz.zip.
Here you can see when I download 3 files I got 3 different messages?
Any help?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

Garsoyas wrote:Does Garou escapes from training mode?
Select button. But it works when you choose "AES" machine, doesn't work in "MVS". Anyway, "arcade/home selection" cheat doesn't add new input key so that you should play garou with "AES".
Garsoyas wrote:Does Last Blade on PSX is playable? Dreamcast Last Blade exists on the mame?
I don't have CD-ROM image for PSX so I don't know. I don't find lastbld2 for Dreamcast in MAME.
Garsoyas wrote:Here you can see when I download 3 files I got 3 different messages?
Seems not to put lastblad CD-ROM image in the correct place.
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: Select button. But it works when you choose "AES" machine, doesn't work in "MVS". Anyway, "arcade/home selection" cheat doesn't add new input key so that you should play garou with "AES".
When I enter "AES" and select Last Blade or Garou.
Says: "Required ROM/disk images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files or select a different system."
The cheat on last blade games worked in all versions I remember except the 0.238.
Which is new to me. I didn't had problem with the arcade version before.
jman wrote: I don't have CD-ROM image for PSX so I don't know. I don't find lastbld2 for Dreamcast in MAME.
So you don't know to tell me how to install them?
jman wrote:Seems not to put lastblad CD-ROM image in the correct place.
I change the bios files and gives me the 3 messages on the images.
Based on ngpc last blade. I made ngpc folder on roms and I put the zip file for LBBD and rename it lastblad and the game plays fine.
With that logic I made a psx folder and neocd folder, I put the files and I got nothing. They are available on available list but it gives the same message:
"Required ROM/disk images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files or select a different system."
^I got this on psx last blade. On ngcd last blade games I got the messages on the images.
The files:
PSX folder:
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan).cue
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan) (Track 1).bin
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan) (Track 2).bin
^This is the files on zip file.
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan).chd
^Alone and renamed it bakumats.chd inside a folder named bakumats on psx folder.
NEOCD folder:
Last Blade, The (Wld).ccd
Last Blade, The (Wld).cue
Last Blade, The (Wld).img
Last Blade, The (Wld).sub
Last Blade, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].ccd
Last Blade, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].cue
Last Blade, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].img
Last Blade, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].sub
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi ~ The Last Blade (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt).chd
^Alone and I renamed it to lastblad.chd inside neocd folder on roms.
Last Blade 2, The (Wld).ccd
Last Blade 2, The (Wld).cue
Last Blade 2, The (Wld).img
Last Blade 2, The (Wld).sub
Last Blade 2, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].ccd
Last Blade 2, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].cue
Last Blade 2, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].img
Last Blade 2, The (Wld) - [CDZ patched].sub
Bakumatsu Roman Daini Maku - Gekka no Kenshi - Tsuki ni Saku Hana, Chiri Yuku Hana ~ The Last Blade 2 (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt).chd
^Alone and I renamed it to lastbld2.chd inside neocd folder on roms.
Any help?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

Garsoyas wrote:When I enter "AES" and select Last Blade or Garou.
Says: "Required ROM/disk images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files or select a different system."
"AES" requires "aes.zip". Otherwise, check your "rompath" setting in mame.ini.
Garsoyas wrote:I change the bios files and gives me the 3 messages on the images.
Third image will be correct.

Installing "chd" file is special. First, don't rename chd file to "lastblad.chd". Second, create sub folder with romset name then put chd file into it.
For example, in case of basic folder is "roms", create "lastblad" sub folder in "roms" folder then put chd file into "lastblad" folder.
c:\mame\roms
c:\mame\roms\lastblad
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: "AES" requires "aes.zip". Otherwise, check your "rompath" setting in mame.ini.
I downloaded the zip and works now. I can quit training mode in both Garou and Last Blade games. Also they put you in the home version immediately.
Only in Japan AES cruel mode exists on Last Blade games. Also do you know on Garou with the cheat "easy supers" how to perform B.Jenet A+B+C move?
I noticed that you can't shot multiple screenshots. The screenshot you'll get is for the rom only. And if you get another it gonna replace the previous one.
jman wrote: Third image will be correct.
Installing "chd" file is special. First, don't rename chd file to "lastblad.chd". Second, create sub folder with romset name then put chd file into it.
For example, in case of basic folder is "roms", create "lastblad" sub folder in "roms" folder then put chd file into "lastblad" folder.
I put neocdz.7z with the files on the 3rd image in the rompath. On roms folder I have made neocd folder and there I have lastblad and lastbld2 folders with the files:
roms/neocd/lastblad
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi ~ The Last Blade (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt).chd
Last Blade, The (Wld).zip (With the files above)
roms/neocd/lastbld2
Bakumatsu Roman Daini Maku - Gekka no Kenshi - Tsuki ni Saku Hana, Chiri Yuku Hana ~ The Last Blade 2 (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt).chd
Last Blade 2, The (Wld),zip (With the files above)
They are available on NGCDZ but shows the message:
"Required ROM/disk images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files or select a different system."
On PSX
roms/psx/bakumats
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan).chd
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan).cue
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan) (Track 1).bin
Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi (Japan) (Track 2).bin
The game is available on PSX but says of course:
What is wrong?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

Garsoyas wrote:"Required ROM/disk images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files or select a different system."
Check your "rompath" in mame.ini. Perhaps "roms\psx" and "roms\neocd" are missing.
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: Check your "rompath" in mame.ini. Perhaps "roms\psx" and "roms\neocd" are missing.
I did it. I put them. Same message.
jman

Post by jman »

I don't know your setting. For example, in my case, "rompath" is "roms;roms\neogeocd;roms\playstation". Separater is ";" (semi-colon) then put chd file into "roms\neogeocd\lastblad" and "roms\playstation\bakumats".

Anyway NeoGeo CD and Playstation/PSX work fine on my PC.

Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:37 am I don't know your setting. For example, in my case, "rompath" is "roms;roms\neogeocd;roms\playstation". Separater is ";" (semi-colon) then put chd file into "roms\neogeocd\lastblad" and "roms\playstation\bakumats".
Anyway NeoGeo CD and Playstation/PSX work fine on my PC.
I did it. Not working. It recognizes it as neocd and psx.
What are the file names of your files?
What can I show you to tell me where is the mistake?
The setting is the default one. I didn't change anything.
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

Try to make "lastblad" and "bakumats" folder in "roms" folder (not "psx" and "neocd") then remove chd files to there.

BTW, NeoGeo CD and Playstation/PSX work alone without lastblad, aka CD-player screen appears?