Hangzo problem

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
Garsoyas

Re: Hangzo problem

Post by Garsoyas »

Doesn't work. It recognizes only through neocd and psx folders.
NGPC and NEOCD works alone (Start empty). PSX no.
Says: "Required ROM/disk images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files or select a different system."
Last Blade 2 doesn't work on ngcd, you don't have the rom huh?
May I ask. Since you have them does saves the progress, when you close mame and open it again?
On last blade ngpc when I unlock something, save it and then close mame and open it again it's gone.
Is there any solution?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

Sounds like your PSX (psx_cd.zip) is bad rom set.

Reconfirmed to install.
  1. Put "neocd.zip" into "roms" folder.
  2. Create "lastblad" sub folder in "roms".
  3. Put "last blade, the (1998)(snk)(jp)[bakumatsu roman - gekka no kenshi].chd" into "lastblad".
  4. Execute MAME
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

I renamed the
"Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi ~ The Last Blade (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt).chd"
to
"last blade, the (1998)(snk)(jp)[bakumatsu roman - gekka no kenshi].chd"
And
Does this helps?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

"incorrect checksum" means chd file you found is not matched with MAME required. Perhaps you will find old chd set.
Garsoyas wrote:On last blade ngpc when I unlock something, save it and then close mame and open it again it's gone.
Use state save (shift + f7) and load (f7).
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: Use state save (shift + f7) and load (f7).
Does this works for psx and neocd last blade games too?
Everytime you must save state the game?
So I manage to make the neocd play. I found the correct files.
Now I have problem with the psx game.
Does your psx game have the name "bakumatsu roman - gekka no kenshi (the last blade) (japan) [slpm-86118].chd"?
I downloaded a psx.zip and psx_cd.zip file and still doesn't play nor loading the cd player.
Any help?
Thanks.
jman

Post by jman »

State save is not supported by psx and neocd. But these hardware have save function like memory card.
Garsoyas wrote:Does your psx game have the name "bakumatsu roman - gekka no kenshi (the last blade) (japan) [slpm-86118].chd"?
Yes. But your problem is that you can't open cd-player because required rom set is missing. Try to find "psj.zip" included "psu", "pse" and "psa".
Garsoyas

Post by Garsoyas »

jman wrote: State save is not supported by psx and neocd. But these hardware have save function like memory card.
Yes. Last Blade on ngcd in the options. If you press C(6) B(3) C(4) unlocks the demo viewer content 100%. When I did it asks me about memory card format.
jman wrote: Yes. But your problem is that you can't open cd-player because required rom set is missing. Try to find "psj.zip" included "psu", "pse" and "psa".
I did it and finally works. No matter what bios you select the game is still on japanese. I guess the other bios is for other games.

The Dreamcast version.
Last Blade 2 Heart of the Samurai is the english one and Last Blade 2 Final Edition is the japanese one. Japanese one have a game called hanafuda.

Dreamcast Last Blade 2 doesn't exist on mame. Neo-Geo CD doesn't works. Someone don't want me to play Musashi it seems.

Thanks for the help.