Unbelievable ! (more)

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
stephh

Post by stephh »

This might not be the correct place to post this message, but since I don't know where it should be posted, I put it here :wink:

Some of you may already know this, but I have updated my computer !!!

Say "Goodbye" to my old 486SX-25 (I will still use it to play bridge card games though), and say "Hello" to my new ... P133 (you didn't guess I bought a new Pentium 2GHz, did you ?) ...

It has 48 Mb of RAM, 2 Gb of hard drive space (however only 900 Mb are free), and runs under Win 95 ... I don't know the video card, and I haven't installed the sound card (not needed for what I want to do) ...

I've installed the DOS version of MAME 0.54, and with the config of the old computer (frameskip 9 and no sound), I have MANY games that now run at 100% :smile: Note that it's sometimes too "fast" for some games when I want to find some cheats :wink:

So I can now fully work on the cheat database, but I won't release a full version (as Pugsy did for MAME 0.54) until the new "bit-related" cheat engine is included in MAME ...

FYI, I have MANY cheats that aren't in Pugsy's cheat database ! I'll try to post them on this board soon when I know the maximum limit of a post (Pugsy please let me know) ...

Last thing : try to play (at least once) "Bal Cube" ('balcube') ... It's an amazing game which is FAR BETTER than the ?#! fighting games ! Also note that this game is a good "cheats to find" candidate : even if I have many cheats for it, there are IMO many others to find ...

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

e-mail : stephh@europe.com

Post by Guest »

So now you are empowered to play and thus test all(most) MAME games? You must be very pleased if this is the case!

So what's it like experiencing these games?