ATTN Stephh

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
abogard

ATTN Stephh

Post by abogard »

I direct this message to you because it seems you have some knowledge on DIP switches. Please, could you tell me why the Neogeo games no longer have a DIP switch to set the machine to Home or Arcade version. I know that you have certain policy with Neogeo games (at least that's what I think) but I would really appreciate it if you or somebody could take a look into this and give me an answer. I tried to compile my own version of MAME and I removed the comment lines in the neogeo.c driver and now it shows in the dip menu but they don't do anything. Any help would be appreciated. :P
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

It was removed because MAME is only supposed to emulate arcade games, and the original arcade cabinets didn't have a "home" option.

Check machine/neogeo.c to fix the dip switch, there are some lines that need to be un-#if'd there also. Inside MACHINE_INIT(neogeo), after res = src & 0x3:

Code: Select all

/* Console/arcade mode */
if(src & 0x4)
	res |= 0x8000;
abogard

Post by abogard »

Thank you very much for your help Ian, I really appreciate it, it's just that I like to play sometimes the home version of the games (extra characters and stuff) and besides it's the only way to play Fatal Fury 3 to the end without the machine freezing. Again, thanks a lot.