Does MESS include SNES?

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests/bug reports for any non-arcade game in M.A.M.E. ( aka the M.E.S.S. games ) including any softwarelist game. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "SoftwareList" Cheats forum

Post by Guest »

If MESS does include SNES I assume you've got a few cheats stored for the system. Now my question is; could I extract the SNES cheats from your MESS cheat database and use them for the SNES emulator ZSNES?

If anyone can Pugsy can!
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Well, at the moment there's no SNES MESS cheat file afaik. The MESS driver for SNES is preliminary, most images will not work. If it's possible to do a conversion between these emulator formats the first way will be probably to MESS.

We need volunteers to look after the cheat file for each system - too big a task for any one person to do them all...And c64 is mine - it's a massive task.
Majestic_Lizard

Re: Does MESS include SNES?

Post by Majestic_Lizard »

Wow, there are some old threads here. 10 years? Astonishing.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Pugsy....what is the current status of getting a full proper snes.7z cheat file for mess at the moment? I just looked around and cannot find one anywhere. Just a bunch of random cheat xml files. Please let me know.
I will commit seppuku if Team Marubaku does not upload replay video footage of OutRun 2SP by the end of July!
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

There's a ton of SNES games and not a lot of well collected cheats for it. It will take the efforts of someone with lots of time and love for the console. I don't have as much time as I used to, but I have the same lack of love for SNES games as I always have. The system is an unstable slug.

Best of luck to the champion that takes it on.
Aww yeah. AMD A10-7850K givin' MAME and MESS systems what for.