[mmatrix] Cheat Question

This FORUM is for posting requests and cheats for Arcade Emulators other than M.A.M.E.
Smoker1

[mmatrix] Cheat Question

Post by Smoker1 »

OK, not sure if this would be allowed, but I am wondering how I would enter this Cheat in the new RetroArch Cheat Search/Creation Feature:
<cheat desc="P1 Invincibility">
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.pw@((maincpu.pd@FF49BC)+72)=0002</action>
</script>
</cheat>

I get that this is a 16Bit Cheat due to the =0002 Value, but not sure about the Address.
Cheat Type only shows:

Set To Value
Increase By Value
Decrease By Value
Run Next Cheat if Value = Memory
Run Next Cheat if Value !=Memory
Run Next Cheat if Value < Memory
Run Next Cheat if Value > Memory
Disabled
Pugsy

Re: [mmatrix] Cheat Question

Post by Pugsy »

I don't use retroarch so I don't know the cheat format... But it's highly unlikely that it will support that cheat, it's a dynamic (relative address) cheat so it doesn't have a static address.

It's get the address stored at FF49BC adds 72 to it and pokes that address with 0002, the address stored at FF49BC varies between runs.

SO if FF49BC-ff49c0 contains 00 ff 10 00 it would poke 0002 to ff1072

Moving post to the correct sub-forum...as it was in the wrong place
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 »

OK, here is the Format for the Cheats that RA creates:
Format: .cht File
Game example: sfa.zip
It will show this in the Cheat Options....

index: 0 (Cheat Number 0-how many ever you want to create)

Enabled (Off/On)

Description: Inf Time (Obviously Name of Cheat)

Handler : RetroArch (if it is a RA made Cheat or if FBA Code to use, but it just says Code, and you can not Enter that Setting, so ????

Memory Search Size: 8Bit (Basically, what Bit Type it is...
1-Bit (max Value =01)
2-Bit (max Value =03)
4-Bit (max Value =0F)
Then 8(FF), 16(FFFF), and 32Bit(FFFFFFFF)

Type: Set to Value (as mentioned before...
Set To Value
Increase By Value
Decrease By Value
Run Next Cheat if Value = Memory
Run Next Cheat if Value !=Memory
Run Next Cheat if Value < Memory
Run Next Cheat if Value > Memory
Disabled

Value: 99(00000063) - (Obvious)

Memory Address: 44552 (0000AE08) (in both Dec(Hex) . But it seems limited to a max Address of FFFF. RA Cheat Addresses seem to be either +/- 1 Digit of what the actual FBA/MAME Cheat Addresses show. )

Browse Address:0000AE08 Prev:# Curr:# (Basically can Verify the Address you need as it give the Address of what you want, and give what the Values were and are currently)

Memory Address Mask: 255( 000000FF)
^---Address Bitmask when Memory Search Size <8Bit

There are other Options after, but it just talks about a Rumble Feature.
Off-Topic Question: For sfa.zip, I see the Codes for All Characters Selectable *Do Not Enable on Select Screen* ........what is this Code supposed to do????? Because I try it.....and nothing. Tried it on MAME and in RetroArch. I see this Code on FBA, CPS2PSP, MAME......but I can never get it to do anything.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Smoker1 wrote:OK, here is the Format for the Cheats that RA creates:
Yes, the RA format can not handle that type of cheat. MAME is the daddy, XML and JSON format cheats can pretty much do any cheat you could imagine - as long as someone has the time, skill and inclination to make them.

Smoker1 wrote:Off-Topic Question: For sfa.zip, I see the Codes for All Characters Selectable *Do Not Enable on Select Screen* ........what is this Code supposed to do????? Because I try it.....and nothing. Tried it on MAME and in RetroArch. I see this Code on FBA, CPS2PSP, MAME......but I can never get it to do anything.
I've you use the latest cheat collection you will notice that cheat isn't in it, see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12476&p=24736#p24736
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 »

Ok. All I needed to know on both. Actually, I think it does work, I just forgot which one. Thinking a CPS Changer, but it was a while ago. Hence why it is best to look at the HBMAME ones that are Modified, which I got to work in RetroArch FBA Core......just has some messed up Graphics on the Selector Box. Looks messed up a bit.