Ninja Gaiden

This FORUM is for posting requests and cheats for Arcade Emulators other than M.A.M.E.
=KK=Godzila

Ninja Gaiden

Post by =KK=Godzila »

Does anyone know where I can get a working Ninja Gaiden rom for MAME? I tried the world and the playchoice 10 versions but they don't seem to work they seem to be missing files or something. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

You've have obviously downloaded ROMs which are not compatible with the version of MAME you are using, as ROMS get redumped they replace the old bad dumps in MAME. So either get a newer zip with the best ROMs or download a version of MAME with which the ROMS you have will work. It's generally best to stick with the newest version of MAME and get the newest roms though for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately requesting places to download ROMs here is a non-starter (you will find the same issues with 99% on emulation forums - in that ROM 'begging' isn't allowed!)
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
=KK=Godzila

Post by =KK=Godzila »

Roger, I have 3 or 4 places that I use for roms. I have like 4 different version of MAME so I guess I'll try and use em in the newest version of MAME I guess is what I'll have to try. I know the other game I tried is Mortal Kombat 4 I believe and on the newest version of MAME but you get a red X so I'm guessing you have to wait for the ROM to get reworked of perfected or whatever. I'm new to this forum talk about MAME I usally just talk about it with my fellow co workers so I'll ask them if they know of any other rom sites. Thanks for the Help!
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The red "X" in MAME32 means that the game doesn't work to incomplete emulation - the MAME people don't know how the game works yet.
=KK=Godzila

Post by =KK=Godzila »

Ah that makes alot more sence. I allways wondered "Why release a ROM that doesn't work?" so now I know. Thanks. I did get Ninja Giaden working I found a site that list Alt names for arcade games so I DL'd an Alt version of it and it works fine I just can't figure out how to get past that first part on lvl 3 of Ninja Giaden if anyone know plz let me know thanks!