mame32 0.103u2

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
MarioMania

mame32 0.103u2

Post by MarioMania »

I'm new here..

I just wanna ask.I downloaded the cheat.zip..unziped it and put it in the MAME folder like it said..enable cheat..went in the game "Pac Man Plus"

enable it..but it's keep on saying "cheat database not found" unzip it & place it in the MAME folder"

ok I done that..nothing..the cheats come up in the menu
Pugsy

Re: mame32 0.103u2

Post by Pugsy »

It's not clear what you are asking?

If you are REALLY using 0.103u2 you will need to download the cheat.dat version.

If you have 0.130u2 or above get the XML version...
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania »

I'm using file version 0.103.0.0

that's 0.103u2

I have the XML in the cheat.zip

still saying Database not found :(
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

0.103u2 is really old and does not use the XML version. You need the .dat version as he said, but you should really update. I believe 0.103 still used a slightly different format which wasn't compatible with a later version of the dat format. Maybe changed at 0.123?

Anyways. Various versions here
Aww yeah. AMD A10-7850K givin' MAME and MESS systems what for.
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania »

I got it to work..Thanks
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

okay thats great you got it working,not to be rude but you mind sharing your discovery with the rest of us?i got the same goddamn problem(pugsy you listen in on this as well and if you can please HELP man) same version same problem i download cheat.dat for version 0.105 and when that didnt work i tried a lower version because i noticed theres no cheat.dat for version 0.103u2.same sh#t didnt work,now im asking you guys to please help me out here if you can.how do i solve this besides downloading a newer version(newer versions screw with the roms saying im missing files when on this version it works just fine)?
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

1) Download appropriate cheat version. Looks like something changed in 0.106, so maybe stick to 0.105 for your 0.103 needs.
2) Extract dat file to MAME directory.
3) Enable cheats either in MAME GUI or with command line option: -cheat
4) Play game with cheats.

Or you could just update and upgrade your ROMs which is always a possibility. Unless you've got the entire Neo Geo collection that you're trying to maintain as playable, it's really not that hard to keep things running. Actually, they'll run anyways. The GUI will just say they're incomplete. rbff1.zip is playable with only 6 files (not including the BIOS).
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Yes thank you for the reply but thats the problem. cant find the damn mame 0.105 version anywhere,note that im not talking about the ordinary mame but mameui or mame32 whatever you wanna call it...but thanks for replying anyway.pugsy man help this is your site give me hint or something to get me started
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

MAME Plus and every other derivative uses the same cheat file as MAME if that's what you're talking about. If for some reason you want a copy of the program that old you're screwed. Time to update.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

I really don't understand what your problem is. The MAME 0.105 cheat file should work fine with MAME 0.103u2...whether it works with MAME32 is another issue though (did work for MarioMania so I suppose the issue is more at your end). MAME32 hasn't got a good reputation with the cheat engine...though it 50:50 to what's the 'cause' :wink:

I wish you luck with finding old binaries of MAME32/UI if that's your problem, as they drop off the internet rather rapidly.

You have done the following things?:

1. Goto the Options Menu, and select "Default Options". Go to the Miscellaneous tab and check the box that says "Enable Game Cheats".

2. Unzip the cheat.dat and place the cheat.dat file in the same directory as MAME32.exe (not just drop it onto your desktop).

Eg These should exist if your mame dir is c:\mame\ :-
c:\mame\mame32.exe
c:\mame\cheat.dat

3. Press TAB ingame....you should have a cheat menu.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Yeah... well let me make it real clear for you.i put the the damn cheat(the file is named just cheat not cheat.dat) in the mame folder where the mame32.exe is, i run mame and i try to go to the cheats and the guy tells me no cheat.dat is located and i should put one in the in the folder.at the same time i lose my pacience and tell the f##k thing to go "unzip" itself.the f##k will not recognize the cheat.dat file no matter what.do i have to put it somewhere else or rename the son of a bitch or what?im getting a little sick and tired of fishing for cheats for mame pugsy...