this kind of cheat accepted?

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
syndromtr

this kind of cheat accepted?

Post by syndromtr »

hi,
i started to find end sequences of games.. found some, and tried this method, i wonder it can be accepted or not?

most games show demo games when coin is not inserted, i try to find very first start that 1st demo game runs, i change the jump table there and with a few lines of cheatcode, and instead of 1st demo game, end sequence is displayed.. problem is, after end sequence is fully shown, demo games do not continue, kind of cpu jam-stuck.. reset with F3 needed.. so is this cheat valid, like this?
see end sequence (comment: Do not insert coin and wait for a demo game to start - after end sequence, reset needed)
Pugsy

Re: this kind of cheat accepted?

Post by Pugsy »

It depends, if it's possible to have a cheat to start on the end sequence without having to play any levels then that will always ace it as it will need no comments and have no side effects. If not then yes it would make it into the cheat collection otherwise it may just be classed as a technical curiosity.

Nice work with all the cheats recently btw, I must add them and do a cheat release around xmas/new year time.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
syndromtr

Re: this kind of cheat accepted?

Post by syndromtr »

thanks, as i expected.. then i'll stick to traditional way, found some examples in whole cheat database.. like this:
see endsequence after level/stage 1 ends..
already found cheats are for goldenaxe and ninja spirit.. will post after testing.