Cheats for MAME Home Brew (HBMAME)

This FORUM is for posting requests and cheats for Arcade Emulators other than M.A.M.E.
Midnight Kid

Cheats for MAME Home Brew (HBMAME)

Post by Midnight Kid »

Hi everyone! Is it possible to make a cheat collection for roms in MAME Home Brew?
For example, I want to use rapid fire in Metal Slug special home brew hacks, but HBMAME's clones don't have the necessary XMLs. :o Please help!
Pugsy

Re: Cheats for MAME Home Brew (HBMAME)

Post by Pugsy »

I don't currently plan on doing a HBMAME cheat collection, there are too many clones as it is in the standard MAME without adding another 2000 + that's the first request for one ever.

You can of course copy the relevant cheat xml from the cheat.7z archive to the cheat folder and rename them...

eg. extract mslug5.xml to the hbmame cheat folder...
c:\hbmame\cheat\mslug5.xml

and rename it to

c:\hbmame\cheat\mslug5b.xml

And you will have cheats for mslug5b
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Midnight Kid

Post by Midnight Kid »

Pugsy wrote:You can of course copy the relevant cheat xml from the cheat.7z archive to the cheat folder and rename them...
eg. extract mslug5.xml to the hbmame cheat folder... c:\hbmame\cheat\mslug5.xml
and rename it to c:\hbmame\cheat\mslug5b.xml
And you will have cheats for mslug5b
Thanks, I'll do this.
HawkOne33

Post by HawkOne33 »

Not all of the games for HBMame using the cheats will work, Midnight Kid. Because as Pugsy said, there are way too many clones in that emulator, more than HoubaUI Plus! Plus!, Ash-Build and Mame Plus! combined. Maybe someone else who does have the time could test the cheats out for HBMame and help Pugsy out. I would love to, but even I don't have the time to do so.
Midnight Kid

Post by Midnight Kid »

Pugsy, HawkOne33, I think, if clones could be just took cheats from the original ROMs that they are linked to - it would be much easier for you to form a cheatbase, and more platforms would be covered. But, probably, it's possible to realize only in the engine MAME.