MAME - An easy way to assign joysticks to the inputs of a rom

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
yacsha

MAME - An easy way to assign joysticks to the inputs of a rom

Post by yacsha »

I would like to know if there is any way in MAME that among all the joysticks configured in player 1 to player10 (in general input of mame options), only one pair is used at a time, such as inputPlayer1 and inputPlayer2. For example, for the rom sf2ce.zip, I would like the Player5 joystick to be used as inputPlayer1, and the Player3 joystick to be used as inputPlayer2. This would be quite useful for offline tournaments, where each participant brings their own joystick and it is a waste of time to be setting the inputs before each fight. If it is not possible to do this at the moment, then it would be good that through a plugin this functionality can be activated.

Best regards
a big fan of SF2CE :D
Youtube channel: Yacsha Games
Pugsy

Re: MAME - An easy way to assign joysticks to the inputs of a rom

Post by Pugsy »

As far as I know it's not possible, these cheat forums really are not the place to ask for it either. You can try asking on the official mamedev forum or on whatever MAME build forum you are using - but I'd guess that there probably isn't going to be a big appetite for it (good luck).
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
yacsha

Re: MAME - An easy way to assign joysticks to the inputs of a rom

Post by yacsha »

Thanks Pugsy, I thought someone had already done a cheat or plugin that allows you to quickly configure the buttons for fighting games. So far I found the Stable Controller IDs that apparently solves this. As you say it is a different topic from the forum, but there I leave the link in case anyone is interested in deepening it.

Best Regards.
a big fan of SF2CE :D
Youtube channel: Yacsha Games