Login trouble with Firefox

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
Heihachi_73

Login trouble with Firefox

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Does anyone have any trouble logging in here using Firefox? No matter if I click "save password" or not it will not log me in here at all. With Firefox it just goes back to the main page, or it reloads the login page and doesn't go any further. (if you're wondering I'm using IE to post this and usual...)

Another thing I noticed is that the login link is different in both browsers, although it makes no difference:

IE -?login.php?sid=c11dc943cced93d7fdf3ca0ce53bf3c1
FF -?login.php
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Well I've been using Firefox for over a year and I have no problems. Just auto logins on this PC and on my laptop with no issues at all
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Think it's fixed now - I just deleted the cookies from cheat.retrogames.com and I can log in now (logged in, out then in again to be sure). Something must have messed up, or maybe a typo in the password which FF saved, no idea. The next test is when I go online tomorrow - will it log me in or mess up again...
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

I occasionally have problems in FF if "save password" is on and I make a typo when logging in. Not sure if that's an IE-reproducable problem, though. As you said, clearing the cookies from this domain and logging in again fixes things.

(back after a nasty power supply failure, fun fun fun)