CHEAT WON'T WORK

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
mrbig

CHEAT WON'T WORK

Post by mrbig »

For some reason my game (Street fighter 2 World Warrior) freezes when I try to enable the cheat code called [Play with M.Bison PL1]

In the cheat file it reads as:
sf2ja:0:FF8657:08:001:Play with M. Bison PL1

All other characters can be enabled, but when I try to select the "Bosses", it freezes. Why would they put that code in their if it doesn't work, does it work?

This cheat came directly from this website:

Cheat File for MAME 0.81 (Release Date: 21st April 2004)

Can someone help me?
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Some cheats don't work as the characters weren't programmed to be used by human players (e.g. CPU only). This is true to the Mortal Kombat series. You can't use Goro or Shang Tsung on MK1, as soon as you move or press a button it crashes.

I'd say it's the same with the original SF2, as only Champion Edition and up had the bosses selectable.

However, in Tekken 1 you can actually play as the boss characters! Their moves are slightly different from the console version though.

Tekken 2 also has special codes to enter if the bosses aren't enabled yet. (I posted them in history.dat, although it's not any use in the official MAME anymore). To select Roger from a brand new run of Tekken 2, insert a credit, hold LK (button 3), press start to go to the character select, then press up, up. For Alex instead of Roger, hold RK (button 4).
mrbig

Post by mrbig »

That sucks! how come whenever the bosses become playable in the sequels, their toned down and weak? I like using the bosses (unplayable in arcade) Magneto on XMEN-Children of the Atom and Pyron on Darkstalkers. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Do you know of any other fighting games where you can play as the bosses?
Tootall

Post by Tootall »

What about Cyber Akuma from marvel vs streetfighter, he's not toned down at all, or Shin akuma from street fighter zero 2.
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"
- Dark Helmet
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

I don't know of any other games which work with bosses apart from Tekken 1, which was a huge surprise as all it used to do was mess up and select Kazuya (in his 2nd outfit!) which I thought might have been normal.
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

Works in both Last Blade games. IIRC there's a key code to unlock the boss characters in the home version but they're disabled in the arcade for balance reasons. Final boss of Last Blade 2 is very, /very/ abusive in the hands of a good player.
mrbig

Post by mrbig »

You can play as the final boss in the arcade!

Play as Kouryu (The final Boss)
Highlight Kaede and press ''C'' 10 times ''B'' 5 times and ''C'' 5 times
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

Selectable Kouryu (Final Boss) is NEOGEO (HOME) and NEOGEO CD ONLY ! NOT MVS (ARCADE) ! And selectable Akatsuki Musashi (Last Blade 1 Mid-Boss) in Last Blade 2 is NEOGEO CD ONLY ! Other secret factors, like secret characters (Kaede <kakusei-mae>, Hagure Ningyou, Kotetsu), secret ending, Ken-Situ"Kiwame" and time attack mode), are the same.

[Sorce] All About SNK Head-to-Head Fighting Game 1991-2000 (Studio Bentstuff/Denpa Shinbun-Sya)