Added/Fixed Character Selection for some games

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Right I'm going to see if I can make head and tail of all this.

Updated with the Select Character cheats for svc, the Select Your Card cheats for magdrop3 and the background select cheats for samsh5sp. Thanks Kriptokapi - could you check out the clones for samsh5sp also work for the background cheat please.

I've not done anything with the rotd or other svc cheats posted, as I'm a bit confused on the outcome of the 'discussions'.

Regarding the usage of the word 'Infinite' from the cheat file:

Code: Select all

; Infinite means exactly what it says - you will have an inexhaustible supply of
;         the named item be it lives, time, ammo or something else.
However, it is common practise in the cheat file to make sure that the value poked is the maximum displayable value...if it's not it's still an Infinite type but it's not in keeping with the cheat file convention. As there hasn't been that many Infinite ROM cheats in the past it's not really that big an issue especially as it can mean a fair bit of extra work in some cases - with RAM Infinite cheats the extra work is minimal. I will still add either as an Infinite cheat BUT obviously if it's a choice between a standard non-decreasing ROM cheat then a non-decreasing ROM cheat also poking the maximum value will get the nod first. Regardless of that unless a ROM cheat is better/less buggy than a RAM cheat then the RAM cheat will remain the prefered choice in most cases.

I've probably missed something out above...but I've got to go to work now....boo!
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Kriptokapi
DISABLED ACCOUNT

Post by Kriptokapi »

Pugsy wrote:Thanks Kriptokapi - could you check out the clones for samsh5sp also work for the background cheat please.

I've not done anything with the rotd or other svc cheats posted, as I'm a bit confused on the outcome of the 'discussions'.
OKAY!

I actually HAVEN'T CLONES OF SAMSH5SP!
(Please TOOTALL, THIS IS AN EASY WORK FOR YOU!
TO FIX THE CODES, COPY/PASTE THE CHEAT, change samsh5sp with every clone name, and add to your DB. AT 99% OF PROBABILITY, IT WILL WORK. ELSE, TRY MANUALLY, I'LL HELP YOU, ********for this time*********.)

For the rotd, svc, you have to decide what to do.

In my PM, I've posted (to you) the RAM version of the svc ROMhack posted in this forum. It's time for you to choose, I notice that all two versions work good, but you only have to choose one.
For ROTD, I think the best solution actually (momentaneously) is put in new cheat file ShimaPong's version, with the note;

; DON'T USE THE TRICK FOR SELECTING ABUBO,
; this romhack allow to select him without perform any trick
:rotd:20800000:06C5FD:0000000E:FFFFFFFF:Unlock Secret Characters
:rotd:20810000:06C60D:0000000F:FFFFFFFF:Unlock Secret Characters (2/2)

(ShimaP, correct this if it's wrong)

:samsh5sp:00210000:000000:000E000E:FFFFFFFF:The graveyard

STUPID ERROR! How can an address be = 000000!

:samsh5sp:00210000:108B4D:000E000E:FFFFFFFF:The red graveyard

Now it's better (forgive me if you can!)
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

Kriptokapi wrote:; DON'T USE THE TRICK FOR SELECTING ABUBO,
; this romhack allow to select him without perform any trick
:rotd:20800000:06C5FD:0000000E:FFFFFFFF:Unlock Secret Characters
:rotd:20810000:06C60D:0000000F:FFFFFFFF:Unlock Secret Characters (2/2)
(ShimaP, correct this if it's wrong)
Yes, it is wrong but I don't fix because RAM code already exists. Why do I need to modify it ? I wish to erase it completely though.
And your note doesn't display in the cheat menu. Why do you hide ?
Kriptokapi
DISABLED ACCOUNT

Post by Kriptokapi »

ShimaPong wrote:Yes, it is wrong but I don't fix because RAM code already exists. Why do I need to modify it ? I wish to erase it completely though.
Tell me where is that code, I haven't understand?
Where is the code "Enable all characters", including obviously JOHANN?
If you explain, I should agree on erasing that infinite discussion.
Thanks for the patience,
Kriptokapi...
DISABLED ACCOUNT
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

Existing RAM code is "Select First/Second Character". You can choose Abubo and Johann with this code. And it is NEVER influenced by unlocked Abubo. Your ROM code is more limited than RAM code so that I disagree about an addition.

If you want "complete" ROM code, try to improve by yourself. I don't hope to kill a chance to grow your search skill.
Kriptokapi
DISABLED ACCOUNT

Post by Kriptokapi »

ERR IN DB!

:samsh5sp:00210000:108B4D:000B000B:FFFFFFFF:Y0sh1t0ra House

Noooo! Please Pugsy, YOSHITORA!
DISABLED ACCOUNT