Total Carnage cheats don't work

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Atario

Total Carnage cheats don't work

Post by Atario »

None of 'em.

Halp!
Heihachi_73

Re: Total Carnage cheats don't work

Post by Heihachi_73 »

OK, now that you're over here, which MAME version, cheat file version etc. are you using? MAME has had at least four types of cheat files in 20+ years and they are not interchangeable e.g. XML cheats won't work on the common (and unofficial) RetroArch 2003 build, and cheat.dat won't work in anything newer than about 2008.
Atario

Post by Atario »

MAME & ROMs version = 0.232

Cheat file version = …er, I'm not exactly sure. It's the one included with the EXTRAs v0.230 torrent, so I assume it's the latest listed here, namely 0.221? I can't seem to find any version info included directly in the cheat.7z file itself.

I can report that cheats in general do work, but I've discovered that for this one specific game (at least) they don't.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Had a quick look, seems there's an issue with the built-in cheat engine with totcarn.

If you enable the cheats via the cheat plugin then the cheats all work.

I generally just use the cheat plugin myself these days.

To us it make sure you edit plugin.ini file:-

Code: Select all

cheat 1
cheatfind 1
Then just skip the existing CHEAT option and go to the PLUGINS option on the menu to see the new menus, you should notice few differences when compared to the old menus for enabling cheats but for finding cheats you can now do it without having to use the debugger.

NOTE: plugin.ini should normally exist in the ini folder (or the main mame dir) if you haven't changed the default address with the mame.ini 'inipath' variable.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Atario

Post by Atario »

I see, I wasn't aware of all that…
Pugsy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:34 pm seems there's an issue with the built-in cheat engine with totcarn.
Huh. Should one of us file a bug ticket?