Operation Codename: Choko (Japan 010820)

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. Work In Progress "Arcade"cheats that are not quite ready for the prime time. If the cheats are buggy or the cheat descriptions are non-standard then please post them here. Help maybe given but there are no guarantees and they will only be added to the cheat file when the cheat file maintainer is happy with them.
TabihitoGaiden

Operation Codename: Choko (Japan 010820)

Post by TabihitoGaiden »

I figured I'd try to make some codes for this game. Here's a couple of them, in WIP state until they're confirmed.

Code: Select all

; [ Choko (Japan 010820) ]
:choko:00000000:FF809E:00000009:FFFFFFFF:Infinite Credits
:choko:00000000:FF63E9:000000FF:FFFFFFFF:Freeze Time At 255:Keeps the time at the top of the screen at 255, allowing you finish the level with a passing time, and gives you the highest possible time bonus. This does not stop the tiles from moving.
An explanation for latter code may be needed. You see, if you take long enough for the timer at the top to run out, it will go red. If you still finish the stage in this manner, you're not getting rewarded after the stage. So, keep this on if you can't finish the stages in the alloted time, and you shall always get your reward, and a nice bonus score for the time remaining. Unfortunately, 255 seems to be as high as I can personally get it to go, otherwise, the timer goes red from the results I've tried to pop into it (may have been stupid to do so, but it's all part of experimentation, right?).

A word of caution, though. The tiles are still moving, so you still cannot take your time in finishing the levels. If someone could make cheats to help with that problem, great, otherwise, I can't promise that I can make codes for that myself. A suggestion, it should allow you to choose whether it's moving, not moving, or doing the opposite of what it does as it's moving (from pull to push, and so forth). This is because sometimes, you may need the tiles to move onto screen so you can actually see and clear them. Other times, you may want the tiles moving off screen when things are getting dangerous.

There's also a little bar at the bottom-left hand corner of the screen. It raises bit by bit as you clear each pair of tiles. When it gets full, you get one extra help. A code for causing this effect would be neat, the following is my attempt to do so. By turning on these three codes, the bar STAYS full, and each time you clear a pair of tiles, you get the aforementioned effect, though the Helps seem to max out at 3. I'd appreciate some help in completing this.

:choko:00000000:FF63C3:0000002F:0000002F:Always Full Meter 1
:choko:00000000:FF9AEB:0000002F:0000002F:Always Full Meter 2
:choko:00000000:FFFE27:0000002F:0000002F:Always Full Meter 3
While searching for codes, I *think* I found one that affects how fast the tiles are moving, this one seemed to make things a tad quick. Going all Fs on the code, you make things quite fast, though if you go 0s instead, it still moves at a bit of a rate. I'd like help on this one as well, if anyone could.

:choko:00000000:FF5198:00000026:00000026:Movement Speed?
Also, in case anyone needs to know, the number at the top left's your score, and the number at the top right is what stage you're on. Not much that you can do with these. The big red button is the help button, though.

If there's any mistakes in the codes, in format, in their operation, or otherwise, please let me know, so I can learn from my mistakes. I've tested them, and they seem to work for me. As for other cheats, I'm still trying to find anything else I can do.

Now then, any other takers for this fine game? Things like "Infinite Helps", "Clear This Level Now!" and triggering the special items would be other things to look into.