[wboy+] "Get All Dolls" cheat and additional notes

This forum is the archive of arcade cheats that have already been added to the current or the next release of the cheat file.
stephh

[wboy+] "Get All Dolls" cheat and additional notes

Post by stephh »

First the "Play all levels" cheat :

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Get All Dolls">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@C314=20</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
I'm not sure exactly about how it should be named, but this cheat is required so that the game doesn't end after Area 7 Round 4 if you haven't collected all dolls since the begining ...

This cheat is valid for all clones BUT 'wboyu' since you can't defeat 7th boss (see the attached file at http://www.mametesters.org/view.php?id=1104 for more details) ...

The "One hit To kill Boss Now!" works for ALL levels (from 1 to 8) ... Of course, as explained in the file mentioned above, it only works for levels 1 to 6 in 'wboyu' ...

I hope that this will fix the entries in the database, and it's funny that you can find some new cheats and corrections for games that have been in MAME for ages !

Image Steph from The Ultimate Patchers Image
Pugsy

Re: [wboy+] "Get All Dolls" cheat and additional notes

Post by Pugsy »

Happy New Year.

Thanks, nice find. I've added the cheat to all clones apart from wboyu and dropped level 1-6 bit from the description of "One hit To kill Boss Now!' apart from wboyu.

it's funny that you can find some new cheats and corrections for games that have been in MAME for ages !
Yes, there's always going to be plenty of scope for bug fixes and new cheats even for those games that appear stuffed to the gills already. Problem is as ever the time and inclination... I do silently update old cheats (eg converting select next level type cheats into select starting level cheats) from time to time as new clones get added.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
stephh

Re: [wboy+] "Get All Dolls" cheat and additional notes

Post by stephh »

Pugsy wrote:
it's funny that you can find some new cheats and corrections for games that have been in MAME for ages !
Yes, there's always going to be plenty of scope for bug fixes and new cheats even for those games that appear stuffed to the gills already.
When I wrote 'you', I was in fact thinking about you (of course), but also me, and perhaps some other cheat finders and/or Devs who want to "document" each "useful" address of a game ... This can be very useful to fix bugs that were in MAME since almost their inclusion or find that they were in fact BTANB ...
Problem is as ever the time and inclination...
Indeed ! There are now so many games in MAME that I've never played in real arcade (while I used to know every "parent" set but the - very rare - mahjong games in 0.36), that I don't really know what to find for them besides the basic cheats ... There is also this new cheat engine within the debugger I still haven't tried yet to understand ... Furthermore, there a still lots of games in which Dip Switches (and sometimes Inputs) need to be fixed "for documentation purpose" and possible bugs to look at with their native assembly code ... There are also many notes (useful adresses and routines, clones comparison, and surely many other things) that could be written about games I used to play when I was younger ... And the most important thing is that I'm now very happy to work again, so I can't spend 20 hours a day on MAME stuff anymore ...
I do silently update old cheats (eg converting select next level type cheats into select starting level cheats) from time to time as new clones get added.
Good luck with this "project" ! One I'd like to work on (if I ever had time !), would be to find in almost each game where players scores are stored, so it could help me to be sure that "Bonus Lives" Dip Switches are correct and what's the real maximum number of lives you can get ...

Image Steph from The Ultimate Patchers Image