MamePlus168 cheats not showing up

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
BoredDude

MamePlus168 cheats not showing up

Post by BoredDude »

I'm having big problems with getting the cheats to work with Mame Plus (latest version .168).

NO matter what I did, nothing helped. Downloaded Pugsy cheats XML file v.168 (because of Mame Plus v168), unpacked .zip, put "cheat.7z" to Mame Plus .exe folder. Tried to create "cheat" folder, put that cheat file into it. Cheat is activated in Mame+ option.

But the cheat (latest 256 version) work properly with ALL other Mame versions (Mame32, Mame64, MameUI, Mame Plus eXTreme). Why I do not use these other Mame version is that when I start them and it starts to search for ROMs and settings, it takes way too long - HOURS LONG! But with Mame Plus it just takes SOME second.

The "cheat" option is not showing up in Mame Plus.

Thank you for listening and hope to find someone who can help me. :)
BoredDude

Re: MamePlus168 cheats not showing up

Post by BoredDude »

All right, I found by myself how to get cheats to work. cheat.7z did not work, but cheat.zip worked. I had to unpack cheat0168.7z with ~119thousand files inside into "cheat" folder then zip the folder (cheat.zip) and put into Mame Plus (where mamep64.exe and mamepgui.exe are) folder.