Double Dragon II

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
zeusdaz

Double Dragon II

Post by zeusdaz »

Not a cheat as such but I was wondering if there was a way of creating a file I could drop into the DDII rom folder where those stupid damn controls could be corrected, in other words regardless if you face left or right the punch and kick buttons remain the same instaed of switching?!,...a so called HACK I guess.
DD1 was perfect but DD2 is a pain in the arse where the controls are reversed whenever you turn round, It's such a headache, I don't understand what the creators were thinking to mess with the controls like that,...is there a way to undo the damage?!
Pugsy

Re: Double Dragon II

Post by Pugsy »

Why not a cheat?

Quickly knocked up this ROM cheat, only tested it for about 10 seconds and it seems to work. Might not work on later levels so you'll need to check.

Add to ddragon2.xml:-

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Select Button Method"> <comment>Allows you to have the same buttons regardless of the direction you are facing</comment>
    <parameter>
      <item value="0x2A14">Normal</item>
      <item value="0x2A00">Alternative 1</item>
      <item value="0x2014">Alternative 2</item>
    </parameter>
    <script state="on">
      <action>temp0 =maincpu.mw@8F4F</action>
    </script>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.mw@8F4F=param</action>
    </script>
    <script state="off">
      <action>maincpu.mw@8F4F=temp0 </action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
zeusdaz

Re: Double Dragon II

Post by zeusdaz »

Thanks Pugsy, I will give it a test and let you know my findings.