Unlocking TEKKEN3 Hidden Characters

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
AbbasJin

Unlocking TEKKEN3 Hidden Characters

Post by AbbasJin »

As you all may know that there are total of 19 characters in the arcade version ( or Mame version :P ) of tekken3 .. when u start the game for the first time only 10 characters for selection.. the rest of them are released later.. but they way they release is very annoying.. i mean the chracters are time released.. each character is released after about of 1 week's full running of the machine..
------------Actually:

When a Tekken3 is turned on for the first time, only the 10 default
characters are selectable. The arcade version has an internal clock
built in, and every week, a new character becomes time released and
playable.
----------------------
well in arcades its very general that the machine runs atleast 10 hours a day .. so after 1 week or 70 hours a character is released.. now if we want (and i do want) .. to play the game with all the characters .. the only way to unlock all of them is that some one of u.. i know all the cheat searchers are quite talented..now to the game saves the "Play time" data in the "time" section somewhere.. you can check how much time
XX Hours, XX Minutes, XX Seconds ... have u run the machine.. the characters are released under the same clock.. you can check the clock
by going to System12's Testing software by pressing F2 .. and when you go to"" A.D.S" you can see the clock on the upperright corner of the screen .. now if any one can find a cheat by which we can forward the clock i.e cheat of some kind like "Add +70 hours to total time" .. by this way all of the characters can be time released .. caz if you wait for the characters to be released.. you have to run tekken3 on ur pc .. the whole whole day regularly for about 3 months..a nd its very uncommon :) ..
So please any find a cheat to hack that clock in the A.D.S section of Testing software of tekken3 ... Yours AbbassJin
The Last Member of Kazama Bloodline.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

I found the ON timer location but unfortunately it doesn't seem to do much...perhaps it needs to roll over the 70 hrs to activate the extra characters rather than just setting it to a high value to start with.. Perhaps you could experiment with the value, from my initial test the value doesn't seem to be linear... I'm now bored with it because it's slow on my PC :(

Code: Select all

:tekken3:00300000:0036EE1C:80000000:FFFFFFFF:Set High "ON" Time 
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Tourniquet

Post by Tourniquet »

It's possibly not time, rather credits that triggers release.
This is more common.

But my computer's a bit slow to find out.
AbbasJin

well i m 100% Sure its the clock, not credits

Post by AbbasJin »

well, its the clock not credits... you can check the info about arcade tekken3 on any arcade cheat site.... all the characters are time released.. and its has nothing to do with credits.. .ok Pugsy you have the same problem i had.. well tekken3 worked on my pc at about 38 fps on my:
- Pentium4 2.4 Ghz
- 512 mb dd4 400 Mhz- AbbasJin
- Geforce4 MX440 128 mb
Well just go to test mode > graphic options.. and check wheter it iz set of "interlaced".. if it iz.. just set it to "non-interlaced"..it will improve ur speeds alot.. caz it worked with mine.. now it runs on 60fps ..accurate speeds on my pc..the graphic quality would be a bit lower though ..
----But listen the game would still run a little ..just a little slow even if its showing 60/60 this is because of incomplete graphic emulation..thanx
for searching the value..

(AFTER 4 HOURS)

-- I have checked ur cheat code.. yes the clock is forwarded but it doesn't work.. but one thing is sure pugsy..that the characters are released fromm that internal clock of ADS so might check the clock in front of 1P-Play below total time its time appears..
and also check ALL PLAY's total time.. try to find that code.. these to might work.. ( may be i would learn to search for cheats from u later some time.. :) -AbbasJin
The Last Member of Kazama Bloodline.
Tourniquet

Re: well i m 100% Sure its the clock, not credits

Post by Tourniquet »

AbbasJin wrote:well, its the clock not credits... you can check the info about arcade tekken3 on any arcade cheat site.... all the characters are time released.. and its has nothing to do with credits.
These FAQs tend to copy from one another and I found exactly this case for another game, the FAQs all said it was time release, but I found it to be credit based.
My poor little 1GHz isn't going to let me play it too fast though.
Tourniquet

Post by Tourniquet »

viewtopic.php?p=4932#4932

I've managed to unlock the 8 extra chars at least.
I don't think Nina/Tiger work though and I wouldn't know if there were 3 costumes or not.
ugetab

Done

Post by ugetab »

I've uploaded a way to unlock all possible Time-Release options for Tekken 3. It's not a traditional cheat, but an NVRAM modification.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/tekken3.html

Due to the way the NVRAM is set up, I could just as easily put all UGE with highest scores on the high-score list, and never touch the other settings.

I checked the NVRAM information extensively for little things, then when I figured out what was being read, and that the checking system was a reverse-endian CRC-16(when viewed in a HEX editor), I put FF in all the blank data areas and recalculated the the CRC-16 values. The first time through, I got nothing but a cookie-cutter view of what was being reset. This showed me a 6-byte window of nulled out data(because the FFFF CRC-16 didn't fit the FFFFFFFF of data assigned to that CRC-16)

I tried to access the NVRAM using cheats, but that just turned out to be either too much trouble, or impossible.

From the first letter of every TEKKEN3A string in the NVRAM, go backwards 4 and 3 bytes, and you'll be on the 2 CRC-16 bytes. It shouldn't be much trouble to test areas of unmodified data in an NVRAM file until you get the correct size of the CRC-16 data area.

I used Hex Workshop to do the calculations for the different types of hashes, and just manually entered all the data. The file is small enough to modify everything by hand, and not every piece of data has a CRC-16 checking it's authenticity, along with the fact the about half of the addresses in the CRC-16 aren't even reset if the value seems to be erroneous.