[tophuntr]Top Hunter PowerUp stack request

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Xan

[tophuntr]Top Hunter PowerUp stack request

Post by Xan »

Hi all! First of all, thanks to all the great cheats and the continued updates over time. I thought I could manage with this one but for my skills it was impossible. Info:

Top Hunter already has a cheat to obtain (Or always have, in the case) the power up. This is:

<cheat desc="P1 Always have Power">
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.pb@108D0D=05</action>

This gives the power up but the game lets you stack those powerups. Character sprite is not changed but you get increased move varieties, bigger projectiles, etc. I don't know what the upper limit is, but 5 or 6 are obtainable at least.

To test this, you can try to change lanes where it is not possible (Different heights for example). You will bump into the other lane and the power ball will go flying. The permanent power cheat of course gives you immediately another powerup. Bump 5 or 6 times and grab all those power balls before they disappear, now check the moves again, they are different. So, the game keeps count of this number, and its not the same address of the original cheat.

I've been trying to discover the address, shouldn't be hard as one can increase the number of powerups using what I described above, but wasn't successful.

Well, hope someone here with more skill than me (easy, ha!) can achieve this. I would be grateful and another awesome cheat will be added to this marvelous database. Thanks for reading!
orescify

Re: [tophuntr]Top Hunter PowerUp stack request

Post by orescify »

P1: maincpu.pb@10056B=05 (seems to be the max)
P2: maincpu.pb@10116B=05
Xan

Post by Xan »

orescify wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:24 pm P1: maincpu.pb@10056B=05 (seems to be the max)
P2: maincpu.pb@10116B=05
Hey, thanks! Nice to see this working. Alas, it just works on the first level, doesn't matter which world one chooses first. Tried it as run and as on, same result.

Are there other addresses? Seems strange that they would use another address for this.

This is what I did:

<cheat desc="P1 Always have Maximum Power">
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.pb@10056B=05</action>
</script>
</cheat>
orescify

Post by orescify »

Should be better:

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="P1 Always have Maximum Power">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@((maincpu.pd@108CDC)+CB)=05</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

<cheat desc="P2 Always have Maximum Power">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@((maincpu.pd@108CE0)+CB)=05</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Xan

Post by Xan »

Well, that's it! It works on every level now! You are the best, I cannot comprehend that address or why it works, haha.

What I'm trying to determine now is the character sprite now being in the "not powerup" sprite, if one starts the level with this cheat on. Starting with both "always have power" + "always have max power" makes the sprite glitch with a green texture. The only correct way is starting the level without max power cheat and turning it on after level has started, but the sprite reverses to normal after a hit. Tried also a mix of both addresses but to no avail.

This is quite minor, mind you. You have done quite enough and I thank you! :D