Best game on Mame

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
dmoney101

Best game on Mame

Post by dmoney101 »

what's your favorite game out on ame? i've only played a few,but i liked street fighter alpha 2. i beat it and the original in less than 15 minutes.
DNC2112

Post by DNC2112 »

Strikers 1945 III is the whole reason I downloaded a MAME emulator in the first place. Though what I really want is a working MAME emulator for Sony's PSP that will play S1945III. It's a fun top-scrolling VERY intense Galaga-style game that uses modern-day fighters and bombers...as well as some insectoid robotic assault tanks, and then you get up to space where your enemies become big ugly bugs. Strikers 1945 and Strikers 1945 II are WWII top-scroll shooters. I got started on the game when my friend and I got done shooting pool at the rec room in Cal State Fullerton, and he showed me the game because he's so addicted to it.
But right now I'm trying to download the Star Wars Trilogy arcade game, just because it's fun. It's hard, though, because I only have a 28.8k dial-up connection that times-out after about 4 hours and the download was only 80% done by then. I USED TO HAVE CABLE!!! Errgh, I hate dial-up so much.
mike_myers

Post by mike_myers »

For me the beat is Missing in Action, at least with that game I can be playing over 1 hour with a single credit. It helps a bit that you get an extra live per prisoner rescued when you complete a loop. -6 levels- ;)
A tip for this game: If your current weapon is the rifle you can shoot both ways (look to the other side after the 1st shoot or the 2nd). In the 6th level is a good strategy if you haven't (or don't want to use) flamethrowers.
A tip for this game (for kamikazes ;) ): If your current weapon is flamethrower or bazooka and you're at the top of the screen when the helicopter starts to appear, you have a chance to kill him using those weapons -and get 3000 points-. But move fast, if you don't want to see him again. ;)