PSX Emulator Cheats (not [pec] related)

General Chit-Chat about MAME and other emulators.
Heihachi_73

PSX Emulator Cheats (not [pec] related)

Post by Heihachi_73 »

I posted this yesterday but it didn't seem to get past the error screen - I noticed a new post worked today, so...

Would it be possible for a PlayStation (console) cheats part on here? Looking through Emuforums, ePSXe or other boards you can only find a handful of actual cheats around the lame "how do I use cheats, there's only a cheat name, a number and an Enable button", but if they were in one section it would be great.

I know most emulators don't use the MAME format (they tend to like the GameShark xxyyyyyy zzzz format), but it would still be good to be able to look through and post cheats on the one forum!
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

I have no problems with posting cheats for other emulators regardless of format. Must admit I am rather biased towards the MAME cheat engine because unlike GG codes it doesn't try to hide the memory location and of course the beauty about the cheat file is you don't have to type the flaming codes in.

There are console related cheat sites out there like gshi with active forums so they maybe a better bet as these unfortunately these forums are not particularly active.... However, I have no problems with whatever memory altering cheats you want to post as long as they're are for retro-ish systems.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The thing I find annoying is the cheat interface in PSX emulators (being [pec] and CEP). I can never get used to it, that and the lack of a hard pause mode in pSX when it's on-screen which makes cheats like skipping intro movies or the Galaga mini-game on Tekken 1 just about impossible if you're looking for a one frame advance!