cheat help

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
looop

cheat help

Post by looop »

i have Mame32 emulator and have downloaded the cheat file but i cannot activate it because the only thing i have is the cfg is cischeat_rom_audit 1
instead of whatever there's supposed to be
looop

Post by looop »

ok ive done this DOS, UNIX With a plain text editor, open mame.cfg in your MAME directory and change the line that says "cheats off" to "cheats on".

but not this i dont understand it

Alternatively, start your game with the "-cheat" parameter every time you want to use the cheat file.

my cheat file wont work and its annoying the crumb outta me i need HELP :evil:
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

We will not help you because your information is not enough.
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

I don't use MAME32, so I'll have to guess here, but there should be an option in the UI that will allow you to enable cheats.

When you start the game, is there a "Cheat" option in the menu that doesn't list any cheats and asks you to find a cheat.dat, or is the option totally missing?
looop

Post by looop »

This is what i did

-[yes]cheat / -[yes]c

Cheats, like the speedup in Pac Man or the level-skip in many other
games, are disabled by default. Use this switch to turn them on. The
default is ON (-nocheat).

parts in bold is what i changed

can someone run through the futher steps for me if i got it right
looop

Post by looop »

MAME32: This is the MAME with build in frontend compile for Windows. Go to the Options Menu, and select
; "Default Options". Go to the Miscellaneous tab and check the box that says "Enable Game Cheats".
;

ok here is what it says in the cheat.DAT file i have 2 probs with it i have absoulutely no idea how to find the default options can anyone help or is the default options tab button?
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

Setting a cheat code is done on in-game menu (NOT frontend side).
Check the cheat menu IN THE GAME.
looop

Post by looop »

Ok ok im so close but im completely lost again ive got the cheat.dat file its unzipped and i have enabled cheats i press tab whilst game is on and the cheat menu aint there.

This is so frustating
kelvSYC

Post by kelvSYC »

I haven't touched MAME32 in over 50 versions (as I don't have a Win32 PC), those might just be out of date. But essentially it should be the same as in other versions: get cheat.dat, place in your MAME directory (or in MacMAME, ~/Documents/MacMAME User Data/Misc Support Files), and from the frontend or through a command line parameter, enable the cheat engine. Then the Cheats option will show up in the menu.

I can't really help you on the MAME32 specifics, so please consult the MAME32 documentation.
kelvSYC's Guide to the Cheat Engine - http://members.shaw.ca/kelvsyc/cheatguide.html

The New Move List Cheat Collection - http://mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6469

Underscore Command - What better game is there?