1945 Strikers 3 Mame32 Codes

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. Requests will be fulfilled here....but please keep the requests to the requests forum.
ronniecoleman24

1945 Strikers 3 Mame32 Codes

Post by ronniecoleman24 »

Anyone remember the codes for the 1945 Strikers 3 Mame32 Rom? I just want the code to get the x-36 airplane - but more codes are welcome. Thanks!
DNC2112

Post by DNC2112 »

Hey, first-time poster, I found this thread by doing a search for "Strikers" in a post, hoping to find some cheats for Strikers 1945 III.
The X-36 is supposed to be available by selecting the "Random" ship selector and pressing up; however, I have found that this doesn't work on the emulator. Researching the topic further, I found out that this is a cheat--more like an easter egg--that is able to be toggled at the maintenance screen under the game's settings. Well, long story short, it isn't there.
And while I don't have cheats for the X-36 (I'd love it, though), I do have cheats for infinite bombs and maxed-out energy that only depletes itself very slowly with continuous use of the supershot (hold down the fire button until the supershot manifests itself, and continue to hold said button as long as you want the supershot to last). I've also been working (to no avail) to get a maxed-out power-ups code, but neither of my two attempts at it has proved itself fruitful. It'd help if the game showed a counter for power-ups, but as it is I've tried counting them as I pick them up and then doing a quantitative search (no luck), and I've tried doing a greater/less/equal search as well.
Here's what I have copy-and-pasted from the cheat.dat file for Strikers 1945 III for Inf. Bombs and Max Energy:
:s1945iii:00000000:0607271F:00000063:FFFFFFFF:Inf. Bombs
:s1945iii:00000000:06072774:00000063:FFFFFFFF:Energy
Hope that helps. I want to knock out an invincibility code, but that could be really tough. Probably an "equal/not equal" style-search. Anyway, with near-limitless energy/supershots and infinite bombs, you should be able to plow through the game with one "quarter."

Now if anybody can help me configure the game so I can use my mouse, the arrow buttons have caused me some hand cramps...
DNC2112

Post by DNC2112 »

Sortuva PS post:
I leave the quantity with the bombs code at 99, it seems to work best; instead of a bomb counter, you get a silver U, which makes me think that infinite bombs can be had without cheating, through some brutal kick-assery by an excellent player...i think this because, y'know, "unlimited" does start with a U after all...
the only other number i tried was 255, at which point the bomb counter becomes replaced with a large "MISSION" text picture and you can't drop any bombs...i don't know what this is, but it's odd.
And you can mess with the quantity in the energy code, i just did tonight; 150 was too high, the gauge was maxed out but my supershot wouldn't start, but 125 was the highest I went that would still work. it doesn't seem to matter, though, because when using the supershot, the energy seemed to drain at the same rate as if you set it to 99. it could be that there's a second cheat to be found for the energy bar while the supershot is being used. wouldn't much matter, i mean with the energy cheat at 99 or 125 or whatever it takes maybe ten seconds to drain the energy bar and you can do a hell of a lot of damage with that.
maybe i can conjure up a max medals cheat...wouldn't be terribly much point though, i don't know what effect that would have on your score and you get graded at the end of the game based on how successfully you picked up the medals in each level.
and i tried a quantitative search for a score modifier, but the searcher only goes to 255, and besides, you shouldn't want a score modder in the first place; anyone who does want one obviously sucks so much that they can't use my above post to get a 7- or 8-digit score. c'mon, maxed energy and infinite bombs? you're not invincible but damn near as long as you keep dropping bombs.
and sadly, to wrap this up, i had successfully found a way to mod the number of power-ups you spawn with after dying. however, i lost it, though i thought i had auto-save cheats turned on. with this code, any number over 3 causes glitchy, slow, and utterly pathetic shooting. if you're looking to make the game harder, i guess you could stick it at 1 or 0 or even some number higher than 3. i'm going back to the game to try and get the code back, and when i do i'll post it here.
DNC2112

Post by DNC2112 »

ah yes, here it is, actually it didn't take me too long now that i knew how to search for it:
:s1945iii:00000000:06072755:00000003:FFFFFFFF:Powerups
again, this is to spawn your fighter automatically with the maximum number of powerups. for best effects, set this to 3; if you like a hard game, then set it to any number besides 3.
DNC2112

Post by DNC2112 »

man i hate to keep posting without responses to really reply to, but...
just for the halibut, i'm going to try looking for the code for the x-36. if i can see what addresses change when you change fighters (and the addresses should be in a generally-close-together, consistently-spaced list of addresses), then maybe i can search above and below those addresses until i find the right code.
i've got loads of experiences with game trainers. i love to play this game called "escape velocity: nova" on mac, tho you can get it for windows (http://ambrosiasw.com) and one of the things i quickly found out was how to find addresses for ships and weapons/outfits, and then follow down the list of addresses changing values and seeing what happened. so now i have whatever ship i want to fly around in without having to buy or earn it, and i have all the upgrades and weapons and outfits it could need, rendering me literally invincible.
it's fun :P
Tourniquet

Post by Tourniquet »

The X-36 code is posted in the MAME source, and in history.dat. What more do you want? :-)

Code: Select all

--- Strikers 1945 III / S1999 ---

8-1-6-5-0 Maintenance Mode
8-1-6-1-0 All Data Initialised
1-2-3-4-5 Best Score Erased

[X-36]
0-1-9-9-9 Secret Command Enabled ["Up" on ?]
8-1-6-3-0 Secret Random Enabled
8-1-6-2-0 Secret All Disabled
clamchowder01

Post by clamchowder01 »

What do you with this text to make the cheat work? Do you open cheat.dat and copy and paste the text in? Thanks.
Tourniquet

Post by Tourniquet »

clamchowder01 wrote:What do you with this text to make the cheat work? Do you open cheat.dat and copy and paste the text in? Thanks.
No, either use the cheats in Pugsy's latest cheat.dat (for MAME 0.107) and activate them like any other cheat, or use the above codes by entering them into the "Secret Command" (or whatever it is called) prompt in the service menu (hit F2 by default).