Anything for WWF Wrestlemania [WWFmania]?

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
triplem

Anything for WWF Wrestlemania [WWFmania]?

Post by triplem »

I love the game, but there is so few codes for it.

Does anyone have anything for it, new codes, weird codes, just anything new to add to it?
MRMIdAS

Post by MRMIdAS »

This is more up my ally.

I'll see what I can do.
Win if you can
Lose if you must
ALWAYS CHEAT!
triplem

Post by triplem »

found any goodies for this game yet?

just off topic, does anyone know what the heck Sans ring on does?

I had a feeling it might have something to do with throwing your opponent out of the ring and it drains all of the energy, but i tried it again and it didn't work.... tho, it might not work on certain rounds or something, i haven't really tested that theory out yet.
MRMIdAS

Post by MRMIdAS »

I've not found anything other than the stuff we've got already.

I thought the sans ring was you don't lose health on the outside.
Win if you can
Lose if you must
ALWAYS CHEAT!
Lurendrejer

Re: Anything for WWF Wrestlemania [WWFmania]?

Post by Lurendrejer »

Breathing life into an old post...

I've been without mame for quite a while (2-3 years since my arcade monitor died on me)

I've been trying to learn the new cheat-finding system but have failed in every thinkable way. The things i've been trying to do is simple stuff like disable life-drain when thrown outside the ring and stopping the clock. More advanced but also way-cooler stuff would be to have more wrestlers inside the ring (6 should be possible), adding more wrestlers to the royal rumble event, maybe even having two "buddys" in buddy-mode.

Regarding the Sans Ring feature, i don't think they implimentet it (hence my efforts to disable life-drain), i simply stumblet across sans ring, ring out, instant combo, etc - when i was looking for no-block back in the day.

Are there anyone here able and willing to do something for this game? Maybe someone with info regarding the new cheat engine, og maybe a gui-frontend/debug script that resembles the old engine?
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

Looking through my old posts, i started to remember:

I actually had a "feature/cheat" where you could enable royal-rumble features for you and your opponent (new wrestlers would jump into the ring when you died), and making the royal rumble event have more wrestlers - although this crashed the game at some point.

Another neat thing would be to have a full on doink on doink with doink buddys match all in the same color. Complete and utter chaos - but fun at the same time.

Are there any diehard fans out there who also found all the cheeky glitches? Making opponents fly by making the hold/sand-throw glitch with Yoko? Having infinite combo-power with the undertaker by braking you own combo with a high-risk attack? Prolly not :(

This game really has some issues, but also so many possibilities....
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

Midway hardware is a pain in the ass to work with. There's definitely no way you're going to get any new "features" into the game with just the cheat engine. The hardware only has 2 players worth of input so that's all you get. I'd rather play a console version of this game if I wanted to try any kind of advanced cheat searching.
Aww yeah. AMD A10-7850K givin' MAME and MESS systems what for.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Lurendrejer wrote:Breathing life into an old post...
Better to let it die.....
Lurendrejer wrote:I've been trying to learn the new cheat-finding system but have failed in every thinkable way. The things i've been trying to do is simple stuff like disable life-drain when thrown outside the ring and stopping the clock. More advanced but also way-cooler stuff would be to have more wrestlers inside the ring (6 should be possible), adding more wrestlers to the royal rumble event, maybe even having two "buddys" in buddy-mode.
Fancy stuff like that will as NotAGoodName suggested be a right pita, obviously stuff like stopping the clock is easier - probably more so than before. Odd it was missing a Time cheat...

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Infinite Time">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@010F4250=09</action>
      <action>maincpu.pb@010F4260=09</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

<cheat desc="Finish this Round Now!">
    <script state="on">
      <action>maincpu.pb@010F4250=00</action>
      <action>maincpu.pb@010F4260=00</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Lurendrejer wrote:Are there anyone here able and willing to do something for this game? Maybe someone with info regarding the new cheat engine, og maybe a gui-frontend/debug script that resembles the old engine?
I'm surprised NotAGoodName didn't pick up on this, but no there's no way of making the new debugger cheat finding resemble the old cheat engine. In most ways it's actually quicker/easier to find cheats with the debugger than it was with the old cheat engine - you just need to get used to it.

Here's a cheat from my WIP section for limited Invincibility....I never finished as I rapidly lost interest.

<cheat desc="Punch Invincibility PL1">
    <script state="on">
      <action>temp0 =maincpu.ob@FFCE8908</action>
    </script>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.ob@FFCE8908=C0</action>
    </script>
    <script state="off">
      <action>maincpu.ob@FFCE8908=temp0 </action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

Pugsy wrote:Better to let it die.....
Sorry.

Regarding the time-cheat, how on earth did you find it that fast?? - I thought i was doing a completely failsafe search by doing a decrease-search. (CI, CN-, CN-, CN-) While the match was running.

i had 50.000 hits at first, followed by 800, and then 32 and onwards to Zero. What am i missing here? I'm trying to educate myself in the new cheat-engine, but please help me in doing so :(

@NotAGoodGame:
I never dreamed of putting more player controlled characters in the ring - But I do know, that the last time i fooled around with the old cheat engine my pal got two buddys, and i had none. So this is possible, although the game quite often crashed. The new cheat-engine does provide some nice options for saving searches, the old cheat engine cost me some hours in lost work every time the game crashed.

@Pugsy
I don't remember the "fancy stuff" as being so hard. "just" a matter of freezing the values controlling where the AI "spawns" (there are six locations, three on each side). I ended up freezing a whole lot more as far as i can remember, so the game ended up crashing if certain characters were chosen by the AI. Anyhow, i really gotta learn the new CE, since i'm more or less the only person who likes this game :)
Last edited by Lurendrejer on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

With '99' displayed I used ci, then when it went down to 98 I used cn -,1 and so on till I got the unit address then I used the memory viewer and I could see the tens unit nearby. Took under a minute.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

Pugsy wrote:With '99' displayed I used ci, then when it went down to 98 I used cn -,1 and so on till I got the unit address then I used the memory viewer and I could see the tens unit nearby. Took under a minute.
Thank you! The rust is finally coming off my brain! Earlier today i never even considered values for tens and ones..... my god, wake up lurendrejer!
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

maincpu.pb@010CBBE0=08
maincpu.pb@010F44C0=08

Sets the number of opponents in the RR event....

/nope, just the counter.... my bad... I'm really having deja vu now...

must.... stop.... spamming..... sry
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

Help needed:

I've spend the night getting a character change cheat working. It works, as in - the character changes. The palette is just wrong (it uses the palette from the wrestler you changed from).

I can't seem to find the palette options, at all. Anybody with any experience in this?

maincpu.ppb@010E9DD0=01/08 - Instantly changes pl3 (buddy1) to wrestler number: 1/8

/Edit: After looking at this, it seems to be more like the body-move set in mk3

/Edit: Almost forgot! (Looks like i forgot to write down both of them and wrote the same one twice instead - blame it on being tired)

maincpu.ppb@010E9DF0= :AI1 attack who?
maincpu.ppb@010E9DE0= :AI2 attack who? (01=pl1, 02=pl2, 03=pl1+2, ETC.) - Setting this to FF simply makes the AI attack everybody.
----
This is a "cheat" since you can just start the game, and let the AI beat themselves up - and after that attack a friendly AI to beat the game.
Last edited by Lurendrejer on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

A lot of games have an adress for the character you selected and then an address for the sprite. Don't know why, but that's how it goes. You typically want to change the character value and not really the sprite.
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

Finally:
Cheats for PL3,4 will follow soon.

<cheat desc="Select Character PL1">
<parameter>
<item value="0x00">HitMan</item>
<item value="0x01">Razor Ramon</item>
<item value="0x02">Undertaker</item>
<item value="0x03">Yokozuna</item>
<item value="0x04">Shawn Michaels</item>
<item value="0x05">Bam Bam</item>
<item value="0x06">Doink</item>
<item value="0x08">LexLuger</item>
</parameter>
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.ppb@01163400=Param</action>
</script>
</cheat>

<cheat desc="Select Character PL2">
<parameter>
<item value="0x00">HitMan</item>
<item value="0x01">Razor Ramon</item>
<item value="0x02">Undertaker</item>
<item value="0x03">Yokozuna</item>
<item value="0x04">Shawn Michaels</item>
<item value="0x05">Bam Bam</item>
<item value="0x06">Doink</item>
<item value="0x08">LexLuger</item>
</parameter>
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.ppb@01163410=Param</action>
</script>
</cheat>

/Edit: 07 Crashes the game. The same bug i asked about being patched by cheating years ago. Can you make a cheat that changes 07 to 08 if it gets set by the game code? This would fix the broken doink character, i'm sure.
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

#07 is an unused character slot. This slot also exists in the Genesis port, so they seriously intended to include another character in the roster but never did. Don't use that value for anything. The game will never select slot 7 so there's no reason to "patch" it. You can write a condition based cheat for it if you're so inclined but I have no idea why you would.

Example:

<cheat desc="Character Can Never Be Slot #07">
      <action condition="maincpu.pb@01163400==07">maincpu.pb@01163400=06</action> //PL1
      <action condition="maincpu.pb@01163410==07">maincpu.pb@01163410=06</action> //PL2
  </cheat>
There's been years of speculation over who it would have been, but I don't know that anyone ever revealed hard data on it. I always figured it was Randy Savage since the game has the "Oh yeah!" sound, but it could have been anyone around at the time. Diesel, Adam Bomb, British Bulldog, etc

And it's maincpu.pb, not maincpu.ppb. Be careful. Broken XML files are not fun.
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

Thank you so much. And a few questions.

The game crashes from time to time because one of the buddy's gets set to 07. Rather irritating when trying to keep track of scores for at longer period of time. So the conditionary cheat is perfect except it locks the value to 06, correct me if i'm wrong(?).

Way back in the fifties I actually read some faq mentioning Adam Bomb i think. One wonders how hard it would be to have removed the not-used slot and simply change Lex to 07 instead of just doing a half-assed job. But i guess you find lots of these things from any of the developers.

I'm getting a little bit p##s on the AI character choosing situation - I can set the first AI in the roster, which is of no value. And i can change the body-move-set(also found in mk3) of PL3/buddy1 but not the actual character. I've searched for pl3/4 one by one, and even tried searching for them as a pair, but found nothing of value!

/questions:
What is the diff between ppb and pb? They both work as far as i can see.

Can the cheat-engine randomize things? eg. change between different values every now and then. This would be for my own amusement, not something that would have any value in the cheat-files.
NotAGoodName

Post by NotAGoodName »

I don't know if there's a random command. You might be able to find some addresses that you could manipulate into using as a RNG with a bunch of complicated conditions. I've never tried.

Anyways. The code I posted only sets the value to 06 if it's 07, so any other value would be fine. Basically, the value 0x07 could only exist in one cycle. Conditions are insanely useful. I tend to use them for crash prevention like that, but I've never done it because of the game crashing itself. :-? I'm extremely surprised that the game's own RNG ever selects the #07 slot. Very strange. I wonder if that ever happens on the real machine without any cheats or influence.
Lurendrejer

Post by Lurendrejer »

The machine crashes just as mame does. So you actually patched something they never found it in their hearts (or pockets) to fix.

On behalf of everyone playing wwfmania (me) - i salute you :D